Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Honeymoon

We've been home from our honeymoon for a week now and despite both of us making trips to the doctor's office this week, it has been pretty good. It was hard to come home from paradise, but reality is good too.

So here's to reliving our week in Cancun and remembering how fun it is to spend every day together...

We knew we were in for a treat when we were welcomed with glasses of champagne into our beautiful resort lobby (We obviously had to turn down the nice champagne welcome).


This was the stunning view from the lobby.


Once we checked in we were whisked away on a golf cart.  Much to my glee, we arrived at our room--an ocean view, swim-up suite.



The view from our room was incredible and so was the resort, so we obviously spent our first few days just hanging out.



We read, swam, and enjoyed our complimentary dinner on the beach and breakfast in bed.



We relived Switzerland with a life-size chessboard.

Cancun 2012

Switzerland 2011

We even witnessed a few weddings.


After a few days on the resort we decided to start our adventures off the resort. We went on the Tulum and Xel-Ha tour. It was great to be back on a bus together, again...



Tulum was spectacular. The Mayan's thoroughly amaze me.


And, Xel-Ha was also great. It was my first experience snorkeling and once I figured out how to keep my lenses from fogging, I was good to go. Trick - spit in them, rub it around, dip them in the water, wet your face = success.


The following day we went on the Snorkel Xtreme tour. We started out this tour by ziplining through the jungle, then rappelling off a tower. I only screamed once. After that it was amazing!



The third part of the Snorkel Extreme tour was snorkeling in a Cenote (an underground river where the get their freshwater). It was the coldest water I've ever been in because it doesn't get any sun, but it was well worth it. There were points where the stalactites were inches from our head. So cool!


To finish off the Snorkel Xtreme tour they took us out to a reef to snorkel. We saw sea turtles, stingrays, schools of fish, and lots of other beautiful sea creatures. It was surreal. Now I've got to go get scuba certified!





For our last off-the-resort adventure, we swam with the dolphins and fulfilled my life-long dream. Anyone remember me saying I wanted to be a dolphin trainer in Elementary school? It was soooo cool! The highlights were laying Superman and having two dolphins push me up out of the water, then riding belly-to-belly with a dolphin swimming upside down. It almost felt like I was a trainer, so I can say I essentially fulfilled that dream. Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of pictures from that day because they wanted us to pay $80 for 3 pictures on a disk. It only went up from there. Ridiculous. So, we walked away with only this picture.


Seriously, Cancun was amazing! It made me reflect on how great it was to travel across Europe with Chad and spend nearly every day of 5 weeks with him. We've now traveled to 11 countries together and we can't wait to travel to many, many more. Which country should we visit next?

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Brought back memories of when Nathan and I went for our 5 year anniversary. Love that you blog and that I get a glimpse in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tulum! We asked for an LDS tour guide! His name was Limhi! It was great to get a tour about the Lamanites, rather than the Mayans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously Kands?! I can't believe how perfect and beautiful this is! I want to find out where and how you did this. We want to do a trip like this so bad. I'll call you! Also, you have the skinniest perfect little body I've ever seen. I'm so jealous. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kandace!! This looks like so much fun! :) REALLY made me want to take a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow!!! That looks like a dream. I kept having to remind myself that that was actually my little bf from 2nd grade in these pictures on her HONEYMOON! That looks like the best trip, you guys deserved it for sure, especially after graduation! Way to go Hylands!

    ReplyDelete