Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My Mom


If you don't know my mom, you're missing out. Trust me. She's definitely one of the greatest people I know. In fact, I'm sure everyone who knows her loves her. One reason why everyone loves her is because she is always happy. My favorite part about her happy nature is that you can hear her laugh from miles away, and then you want to laugh and be happy to.

The last few months I've been a little bit stressed with everything going on in my life --moving to a new state (away from family and friends), adjusting to working remotely, new church calling, etc. Sometimes (and thankfully not often, because I have an amazing, supportive husband) it feels like I'm trying to juggle a million things and occasionally something slips and goes crashing to the floor. Thankfully, it's usually something less important, like forgetting about chicken thawing on the counter and having to throw it away because it's been out too long (True story!). It's times like this when I'm even more amazed with my mom.

My mom juggles motherhood, work, church responsibilities, community involvement, and a bajillion other things every day. And she does it all so gracefully and with a smile on her face. Yes, I'm sure that occasionally she "leaves the chicken out" too, but I'm utterly amazed at everything SHE DOES. Most importantly though I'm amazed at WHO SHE IS. She is the most Christ-like person I know. I love her so much!

Mom: If you read this, thank you for everything! I love you! And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

P.S. I promise to do some posts about our life in Minneapolis...soon.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to that awesome mother of yours! I too, love her. You girls are so pretty. Love you Kands! And I can't wait to see more of Minneapolis. :) Oh, and ironically enough, I did the same thing with our chicken yesterday. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mands! By the way, I'm so glad I'm not the only one leaving the chicken out these days :)

      Delete