Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Advice for the Singles

Over the last few months I have found out that three of my friends are struggling with infertility or serious health problems that decrease the likelihood of pregnancy. I can't even begin to imagine what they and their spouses are going through. It's a pain I've only partially felt by reading their blogs or talking with them.

In every instance though, I am confident that one day they will all be the most amazing parents, whether through adoption, in vitro, or natural pregnancy. They are all handling this trail with an amazing amount of faith and I can guarantee their marriages are stronger as a result. I absolutely idolize each of these friends.

With all that being said, my advice for all the singles out there is to...


Life is hard and it is bound to bring it's many trails and triumphant joys. Many marriages end in divorce because couples are unwilling to go through the trials together. Choose to marry someone who you know you can overcome hardship with, as well as someone who you want to celebrate every accomplishment with.

When Chad and I were dating we had a period that was filled with trail and hardship. I was confident in marrying him though because I knew, from that experience, that we can go through the best times and the worst times together and come out stronger.


After reflecting on the trails that my three friends are going through, I'm so glad that all of us followed this advice. They will all come out stronger and more united as a result of their trial. Chad and I will do the same when facing our trails.

As a side note, if you know of anyone who is looking to place a child for adoption, I know of a really great couple who are actively pursuing adoption: http://bradandemilymarsh.blogspot.com/. I, along with many others, will tell you what amazing parents they will be.

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL Kands. You are so thoughtful and sweet. I love this. You are so wise even in the Newlywed stages of your marriage. You and Chad will go far. Sure love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! After facing infertility for almost 4 years, I can say how true this is!! Matt and I have only survived infertility, and the other trials we have faced, through turning to each other and to the Lord. I'm so glad I married someone who will stand by me through the best and the worst times. And you know what, even if we are NEVER able to become parents, I'll STILL be the luckiest woman in the world with Matt by my side. :) I'll be praying for each of your friends.

    ReplyDelete