Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Tearful Day

Yesterday was a tearful day, literally and figuratively. In the morning it was tears of joy and in the evening it was tears of sadness.

My Uncle Randy was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints yesterday morning by his son, Jeremy. It was such a happy moment to see him take this first step in the gospel plan! I am so happy for him and his family, because I know how much happiness living the gospel of Jesus Christ brings. Thank you Uncle Randy and Aunt LynnAnn for your examples of faith! I love you so much!

If anyone reading this blog wants to learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, visit http://mormon.org/.


And, as anyone who knows me can imagine, the tears of sadness were due to the BYU-Utah rivalry essentially dying. Yes, the very emotional tri-ending was sad, but I'm mostly upset that we won't get to experience that emotional roller coaster in the coming years. Even losing to those icky Utes is better than no game. So shame on the coaches and athletic directors who let the rivalry die. College football will not be quite as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment